DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Plumbing (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/)
-   -   Need help with toilet flange (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/need-help-toilet-flange-171336/)

Arsinek 02-07-2013 08:54 PM

Need help with toilet flange
 
Im replacing a toilet and when I took the old one off the flange came with it. The bolts were completely corroded. It appears the flange wasnt even screwed down, there is no material around the pipe for a flange to be screwed into, I really have no idea how it was connected. So how am I going to get a new flange on there when there is a big gap between the pipe on the floor?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/DSC00140.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/DSC00141.jpg

RFWWorker 02-07-2013 08:56 PM

It looks like you could just glue a new PVC type flange with a metal ring.

TarheelTerp 02-07-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsinek (Post 1111984)
So how am I going to get a new flange on there...
when there is a big gap between the pipe on the floor?

Take this picture with you when you go to the store.
Buy a flange. Take it home. Compare it's width with the gap.

Arsinek 02-07-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarheelTerp (Post 1111990)
Take this picture with you when you go to the store.
Buy a flange. Take it home. Compare it's width with the gap.

So there might be a flange wide enough to make it over that gap, then I could drill into the concrete?

TheEplumber 02-07-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsinek (Post 1111998)
So there might be a flange wide enough to make it over that gap, then I could drill into the concrete?

Read Oh' Mike's comment on this thread-
http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/toilet...e-help-169587/

joecaption 02-07-2013 09:18 PM

Is it a slab foundation?

Arsinek 02-08-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecaption (Post 1112009)
Is it a slab foundation?

yes....................

Arsinek 02-08-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEplumber (Post 1112008)
Read Oh' Mike's comment on this thread-
http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/toilet...e-help-169587/

some good info there.

jagans 02-08-2013 07:39 PM

Look at the bottom of your toilet. I bet the flange went with the toilet. It looks like you could clean the pipe up and just glue in a new flange to me. Use a Souix Chief with a stainless flange and PVC horn.

paintdrying 02-08-2013 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not exactly the one I was looking for but may work. You maybe able to find a flage that will work. Drilling and anchor into a slab is fairly easy.

joecaption 02-08-2013 08:42 PM

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=3

And one of these.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...lectedIndex=30


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved