DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Need help from a plumber

9K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  ccampbell 
#1 ·
how full should a septic tank be

#2 ·
A septic tank stays full, The soilds fall to the bottom and the liquids over flow and run out to the leach field.
Why are you asking?
I septic tank needs to be pumped out about every 5 years depanding on usage due to the soilds filling up the bottom of the tank.

#9 ·
i was also told that sludge could have broke loose and plugged the outlet line from when it was pumped. i have added tank treatment to the system. but i dont want to over flow the system again. the first time i put it in was about a week ago. should i wait a while longer or add somthing eles?

#13 ·
If you have only one leg in the field then you won't have a dist. box.
You should have a inspection hole in your tank to access the outlet tee/baffle. You can run a cable thru the tee and out to your drain field. You might have sludge or a soft plug like you mentioned earlier.

#15 ·
I've never heard of just one leach line unless it was some DIY job done 30 years ago.
Anything done in the past 20 years or so would have a d box and several lines running off from that point.
Most likly a plug any place from a vent line from when it plugged up last time to the tank, not from the tank to the leach field.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.