Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Share |

Need help fixing leak to Delta Monitor 1400 series shower/tub faucet

Hi I am in the process of replacing my cartridge and have a major problem. I used the advice above and was finally able to remove the bonnet after investing in a strap pliers, but not before first trying to remove it with regular heavy duty pliers. I think I twisted too much and now when I went to turn the hot side of the water back on, the water is spraying from the underneath part of the main housing assembly that the cartridge sits in! The cold water was turned back on with no issues. How would that leak or crack be fixed? Is soddering it the answer? Anyone else ever have this happen?
mccusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #17
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1

Need help fixing leak to Delta Monitor 1400 series shower/tub faucet

what is the yellow plastic peice called that is shownin in star987 picture of the valve stem. I need to replace that peice for two of my shower handles. Can anyone help me out by tell me what it is called and if any major home repair store has the part?
ssraheem is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fixing a threaded leak without disassembly love4god Plumbing 6 05-21-2007 07:57 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.