Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #1

Share |

Need guidance with pool booster pump installation

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this question but I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

I have a Hayward Phantom pool cleaner that requires a booster pump. My question is how and where do I install it?

I'm sure it goes after the filter into the return line but what gets me is that the flex tube that came with the booster is much smaller than the pvc that's piped all over. Do I need a special adapter to tap into the pvc? Does anyone have photos they can share of their setup?

I just need to be pointed in the right direction and I think I should be able to take care of the rest.

Thank for taking the time to read this.
CarlosHRNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:12 AM   #2

Need guidance with pool booster pump installation

If I help you out can I come for a swim and a steak on the bbq? The pool cleaner requires a separate booster pump and a dedicated supply line. The line runs 6" below water level in your pool to a special wall fitting. tThe fitting allows you to regulate the pressure to the cleaner so it runs properly. I haven't hooked up one of these units myself. I do have some experience with pool filter systems. Hopefully there is another plumber out there that has one installed in his or her own pool that can point you in the right direction.

Last edited by sanec1; 05-22-2012 at 01:14 AM. Reason: bad grammar
sanec1 is offline   Reply With Quote