Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
transmitterrecieverpntgun

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

My bathroom needs a hillbilly repairman.

Hello. Well I am in need of pretty basic advice and hope someone can get me started in the right direction. The bathtub is not level and there is problems everywhere. I need some advice and a starting point I guess. All I want is the tub to be level if it can and to stop water from leaking into the sheetrock. I posted this here in plumbing first because that is the most important part. The pipes are scabbed together, cpvc and pvc pipe mixed. How about if I upgrade to PEX? Everything leaks. The bathtub needs sealed where the tub suround meets the tub, but first the tub needs to be level. I bought the house realy cheap and have little money to spare. This is our home now, not a flip or a temporary thing. Any thoughts or ideas would be great!!
Attached Thumbnails
My bathroom needs a hillbilly repairman.-p1080007.jpg   My bathroom needs a hillbilly repairman.-p1080010.jpg   My bathroom needs a hillbilly repairman.-p1080012.jpg   My bathroom needs a hillbilly repairman.-p1080015.jpg   My bathroom needs a hillbilly repairman.-p1080016.jpg  

utilitylocator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #2

I'd at least start with a shower curtain and get rid of the sliding doors, you could caulk them if you want to keep the water from sneaking underneath them but curtain would do the trick. No pro but I don't think that exhaust fan should be mounted right there near the shower head. I think a curtain would contain the water, then you could work on the sheetrock, depending on the damage, must be mold in there some where with that staining. You know its a slow process, will take time and money.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #3

Sorry to say, but you need to remove the tub and start over. I see a piece of wood blocking stuck under the corner of the tub so it was originally set "way" off of level. I would not try to cover up all the wet damage since there could be mold inside the walls. The exhaust fan location is a joke and I hate to ask where it discharges to. Trying to "fix" this mess without doing it properly, will make it a lifetime problem.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by majakdragon View Post
Sorry to say, but you need to remove the tub and start over. I see a piece of wood blocking stuck under the corner of the tub so it was originally set "way" off of level. I would not try to cover up all the wet damage since there could be mold inside the walls. The exhaust fan location is a joke and I hate to ask where it discharges to. Trying to "fix" this mess without doing it properly, will make it a lifetime problem.

Thanks for the advice. I need to hear it straight. I posted here in plumbing and should have posted in remodeling. So I reposted it there with more pictures and information. Sorry about the confusion but could you PLEASE go there and read it and see if there is any input you would have!?!?
Old 01-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #5

moldy wet sheetrock at base of bathtub

thanks and sorry about that..