DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Multiple shower heads considerations

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Spastic 
#1 ·
I'm planning a new bathroom with a multiple-head shower. What differences in plumbing should I consider? multiple water lines or can they share a line? Should I increase from 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch supply?

#2 ·
Any that I have seen require 3/4 " dedicated lines.Check the manufacturers spec. sheets --they know.

You can't take a mixer that is designed for one head and expect it to produce enough flow for two.

Good luck--have fun--Mike---

Reactions: mnicks
#3 ·
I recently installed a Moen 275 Spa set which has a thermostatic valve (mixer), showerhead, body jets, and a handheld. However, you can buy the mixing valve separately. Each function (showerhead, body jets, and handheld) has its own shutoff valve. I don't see why this couldn't feed two showerheads instead. The supply lines to the mixing valve are 3/4". 1/2" can easily come off of the valve to each showerhead. I placed the handheld at the opposite end of the shower (4'x6') for the little lady to use so I wouldn't have to get out from under the big showerhead and bodyjets :). I ran one 1/2" line under the floor to the handheld from the 3/4 output of the mixer.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.