Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Moving vent pipe

I'm remodeling my bathroom and have it down to studs. I wanna put in some tile recesses in the bathtub area, but my drain vent runs up where one of the pockets would go. It looks to be galvanized, about 2" I'd say. All I want to do is move it over between the next set of studs and out of my way. It's a ranch house with full cieling access in the basement. Basically, it comes from the roof, straight down through the wall, into the basement and ties in with the shower/sink drain. I'm pretty sure it also serves as the toilet vent as there isn't a separate one for it(at least that I can see). My plan is to cut the pipe in the attic and in the basement, remove it, and replace with PVC, using a furnco to re-attach it in the attic. All shower/sink drains/pipes in the basement are getting replaced anyway with PVC, so my only PVC to metal connection would be in the attic. I'd have to use a 45 or so to make the connection to the existing pipe out the roof, and wanted o make sure that's doable since it won't be straight up the whole way as before. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help.

phishfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

Moving vent pipe

Use 45's to kick the vent over, if you can't you should be 42in. above the floor before you can use a 90deg.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote