Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #1

Share |

moving toilet.

Ive got a toilet in the lower level of my house on concrete slab that I would like to move to the left of its current location about a foot.

Im aware I need to cut through concrete etc and have no problems with all of that. My questions revolves around the drain pipe and the closet bend.

Right now the main drain/vent line for that toilet is straight behind the toilet in laundry room (which has a cleanout in it right above floor level) in its current location so there is a short section of pipe coming straight out from it and to a closet bend that goes up to toilet.

The question I have is can I attach a 90 deg bend to the short section coming off the main drain then into a closet bend and up to toilet? Its my understanding you need a cleanout anytime there is more than a 45deg change in pipe direction so would the close proximity of the toilet to the newly added 90 deg bend and the existing cleanout on main line make this a viable solution?

Kaveran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
GC/Master Plumber/Mech

moving toilet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveran View Post
Ive got a toilet in the lower level of my house on concrete slab that I would like to move to the left of its current location about a foot.

Im aware I need to cut through concrete etc and have no problems with all of that. My questions revolves around the drain pipe and the closet bend.

Right now the main drain/vent line for that toilet is straight behind the toilet in laundry room (which has a cleanout in it right above floor level) in its current location so there is a short section of pipe coming straight out from it and to a closet bend that goes up to toilet.

The question I have is can I attach a 90 deg bend to the short section coming off the main drain then into a closet bend and up to toilet? Its my understanding you need a cleanout anytime there is more than a 45deg change in pipe direction so would the close proximity of the toilet to the newly added 90 deg bend and the existing cleanout on main line make this a viable solution?
My code ICC Plumbing code 2006
Clean outs are required either before the building drain exits the building or within 10 feet of exterior of building, every 100 ft of pipe and every 40 ft of pipe with more than two 90 deg bends/changes in direction

Just moving the toilet a foot will be ok

Plumber101 is offline   Reply With Quote