DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Moving kitchen sink (

teachtech 08-08-2010 07:06 PM

Moving kitchen sink
I have a 2.5 inch vent that goes from the basement sink up to first floor sink than to roof. I want to move the kitchen sink about a foot more away from vent stack (about 4'awaY). The easiest way I see is with an s-trap going through the floor from the sink and tie into the vent/drainpipe underneath the floor joist in the basement. Is it okay to tie the sink into the drain/vent from the basement rather then through the wall? Thank you in advance.

LateralConcepts 08-08-2010 07:48 PM

No. An s-trap isn't legal. Run it through the wall. You're only going 4' should be pretty easy. Actually easier than you make it sound.

teachtech 08-08-2010 08:16 PM

Another question:moving vent
If I cannot use an s-trap I would have to move the vent stack slightly. I would have to run it through an exterior wall and then it would have to run through at an angle through the bottom half of the sink cabinet. I cannot run it through the sill plate going into the basement since there is a double joist below. Is this something that is usually done?

LateralConcepts 08-08-2010 08:28 PM

Can you post a picture. I'm kinda visual.

teachtech 08-08-2010 10:13 PM pipe must be moved to exterior wall (by the new sheathing)but it cannot go through the bottom plate due to double joist below that are in the way. Can it go down the wall and then slightly angled through cabinet, down to basement?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1