Moen Single Valve Shower Handle Problem! - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-16-2011, 01:05 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Unhappy

Moen Single Valve Shower Handle problem!

Shower would not shut off this morning. Closed the main valve for the day. Plumber arrived this evening and diagnosed broken handle coupling (Delta) on my single valve shower only unit (no tub). Charged $205, closed local check valves and left me to replace the handle myself. I thought, no problem. Checked the parts and found it's a Moen. Handle is Part # 93901, Handle coupling attachment plate is #93904 and ? sleeve ? is 93926. Only problem is there is nothing like it at the big orange box. Three hours of searching online and came up with zero also. I'm wondering where I can find these part or perhaps I can replace the handle and assembly with other compatible parts? I'm attaching pictures. Any help appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Moen Single Valve Shower Handle problem!-img_0613.jpg   Moen Single Valve Shower Handle problem!-img_0626.jpg   Moen Single Valve Shower Handle problem!-img_0628.jpg   Moen Single Valve Shower Handle problem!-img_0641.jpg  

Advertisement

F8James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:18 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

When I replaced my Moen shower valve, the kit came with all the necessary parts. Perhaps (if not too expensive) you could purchase the kit and just use the parts you need. Otherwise, you might try and order them from the manufacturer, or possibly an online plumbing parts warehouse.

Advertisement

PSDENGINEER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PSDENGINEER For This Useful Post:
F8James (04-16-2011)
Old 04-16-2011, 02:23 AM   #3
Plumber/Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,616

A quick search showed this http://moenparts.faucetdirect.com/ They may have what you need
TheEplumber is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheEplumber For This Useful Post:
F8James (04-16-2011)
Old 04-16-2011, 05:32 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8James View Post
Shower would not shut off this morning. Closed the main valve for the day. Plumber arrived this evening and diagnosed broken handle coupling (Delta) on my single valve shower only unit (no tub). Charged $205, closed local check valves and left me to replace the handle myself. I thought, no problem. Checked the parts and found it's a Moen. Handle is Part # 93901, Handle coupling attachment plate is #93904 and ? sleeve ? is 93926. Only problem is there is nothing like it at the big orange box. Three hours of searching online and came up with zero also. I'm wondering where I can find these part or perhaps I can replace the handle and assembly with other compatible parts? I'm attaching pictures. Any help appreciated!
Moen has a life time warrenty on it item's. Call the company and tell them that you have the part number's . They will send free of charge. good luck
del schisler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to del schisler For This Useful Post:
F8James (04-16-2011)