Moen Kitchen Sink Issues. (Pictures Included) - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Moen kitchen sink issues. (Pictures included)

Randomly one day my moen kitchen sink started spraying water from the bottom, and a quick google / YouTube search pointed me in the right direction. I changed the cartridge and the gaskets put everything back together and it works, but upon a closer inspection I left out a single piece and I have no idea where it goes. It's the piece on the far right, it's plastic and isn't a full circle, looks like some kind of clip.

And here is a closer picture of it.

And another.

That's my first problem, my second issue is if I turn the faucet on (single handle) and I turn it too far to one side, left or right, it will just make a complete circle. Before I "fixed" the faucet, it only went 180 degrees from left to right.

Here is the piece that is supposed to stop the faucet lever from making a complete circle.

I don't know what model my moen is but I used the 1225 cartridge and here is a picture of it.

By doing a quick google search I am assuming its moen chateau model # 7430, 7460, 7437, 7434, or 7445.
This is my first post and rule of thumb in forums is search, search and search again and trust me I have. Google, YouTube, these forums and other plumbing forums I have searched with no avail. Anyway thanks for any input / feedback.

Advertisement

Largest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 608

Go here to enter or search for your faucet and download the exploded drawing. I have used this to get info for my own Moen kitchen faucet before and it was very helpful. That should get you on the right track.

http://www.moen.com/consumer-support...ruction-sheets

Advertisement

raylo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 608

Here is an example for the 7445. not sure that is your exact model but all these look similar.

http://www.moen.com/shared/docs/expl...s/ca7445pt.pdf

The site also has "instruction sheets" that will give you step by step for repairs like cartridge replacement. These may also shed some light on your issues.
raylo32 is online now   Reply With Quote