DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Moen Faucet Ques.

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  pweller 
#1 ·
Greetings: I have a Moen kitchen faucet that has an extendable/pull out sprayer.

There is a little rubber valve/rocker in the head of the sprayer that allows you to switch it from solid stream to shower.

My faucet head valve only stays half way eventhough it moves the full range. It is usually both a stream and a shower never only one or the other. It seems to just stay in the middle. I also have hard water, if that is a factor.

DO I need to replace the whole shower/faucet head piece or can the rocker valve be cleaned or replaced by itself?

TNx,

Tom

#2 ·
The rubber boot that covers this snaps in and out, but, for this same problem Moen sent me a new faucet head for free. They might be having problems with these.

Also, the operation of this valve depends on a minimum water pressure, so removing the upstream flow-restrictor may help. I forget whether my faucet was meeting the gal/min spec. that they told me.

#6 ·
You may be aware of this already, but your faucet may have a lifetime warranty on all parts. I think you can just call Moen and they will send you out a replacement part for free, so there's no need to b.s. around with it.

I just bought a Moen kitchen faucet with the pull-out sprayer, sounds very similar to what you have. The paperwork that came with it indicates a lifetime warranty for all Moen faucets purchased after Dec 1995, which includes leaks, drips, etc. The phone number for replacement parts is 800-289-6636.

I'd try that first, as I think they will just send you a new sprayer for free and then you won't have to bother with the details.

Let me know how this works out, as I'm curious about their warranty.

#7 ·
Great Call

Pweller: Great Call.

I did not know about the Moen guarantee.

I called them up and they are sending me a free replacement for the sprayer end of the pull-out faucet. It is a $30.+ part. :thumbup:

To make it even better, the part they are sending is the latest improved version that just came out. The rep told me that the problem I had with the sprayer switch was a common problem which is why they are constantly upgrading their products.

This is SO unusual to find a company that actually cares about its products and supports their customers.

GOOD JOB, MOEN.

Thanks,

Tom

#8 ·
Thanks for the follow-up, and glad that worked out so easily.

Moen's slogan is 'Buy it for Looks, Buy it for Life', and I think this refers to their lifetime warranty. However, they don't seem to really tie this in very well, nor do they seem to really advertise their warranty. I just looked for the warranty information on the outside of my box, and they only have one small graphic the size of a quarter stating the lifetime warranty, and it's only on one side of the box! I think this would be a good marketing tool for them, but they don't seem to use it very well.

I have a friend who only buys Grohe faucets, which seem to average about $400-$500, and I don't think they have the same warranty that Moen has. In fact, I've heard finding parts for them is difficult.

Maybe someone looking for a best faucet recommendation will find this thread and get some useful information. I have heard that some of the other manufacturers also have a lifetime warranty, but I haven't done the research on them myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.