DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Plumbing (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/)
-   -   minumum clearance b/ween radiator and wall (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/minumum-clearance-b-ween-radiator-wall-119231/)

amakarevic 10-04-2011 05:21 PM

minumum clearance b/ween radiator and wall
 
i was wondering what the minimum clearance between a radiator and wall should be. e.g. is 3/4" enough?

thanks

Mark Potter 10-04-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amakarevic
i was wondering what the minimum clearance between a radiator and wall should be. e.g. is 3/4" enough?

thanks

Is this in reference of the question you posted after this one about copper inside the wall? Are you installing baseboard heater?

HP Properties Capital Projects

amakarevic 10-04-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Potter (Post 742220)
Is this in reference of the question you posted after this one about copper inside the wall? Are you installing baseboard heater?

sort of but not really. no, it is not a baseboard heater. it is a skinny bathroom radiator (4.25" deep) and, as is, i would have next to no clearance between it and the tile baseboard and maybe 1/2" between it and the green DW above the baseboard. so, i need to move the wall in a little (haven't framed yet) to enable the clearance. but the same wall has water in and out for the lavatory, which i have plumbed already but will need to move about 3/4" as well (not so big of a deal but would rather not do it if the pipes can be real close or touching the DW). see, the thing is, i decided to go with a radiator and bought one used after i designed the floor plan and the piping infrastructure, which was obviously not an orderly sequence so i now need to retrofit. which is fine cause i still haven't gone too far down the road.

thanks

Mark Potter 10-04-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amakarevic
sort of but not really. no, it is not a baseboard heater. it is a skinny bathroom radiator (4.25" deep) and, as is, i would have next to no clearance between it and the tile baseboard and maybe 1/2" between it and the green DW above the baseboard. so, i need to move the wall in a little (haven't framed yet) to enable the clearance. but the same wall has water in and out for the lavatory, which i have plumbed already but will need to move about 3/4" as well (not so big of a deal but would rather not do it if the pipes can be real close or touching the DW). see, the thing is, i decided to go with a radiator and bought one used after i designed the floor plan and the piping infrastructure, which was obviously not an orderly sequence so i now need to retrofit. which is fine cause i still haven't gone too far down the road.

thanks

Do you have a photo of were it's going? I have seen them really close almost touching the wall but not. So this is the only radiant heater you have in the house or you have them all through out the house? Sounds like you want to notch out the wall or build around the heater correct.

HP Properties Capital Projects

Mark Potter 10-04-2011 07:47 PM

If you can also send pic of heater it's self would help

HP Properties Capital Projects


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.