Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

mini-on demand h20 heater

I am having some electrical issues with a small on demand water heater, the sink-side kind with a small spigot. This is a multi-faceted problem so bear with me on the explanation.

My mom had a handyman install this unit. Under the sink is a standard, 2-socket outlet. Currently, the dishwasher is plugged into one socket, while a plug strip is plugged into the other. On the strip is the dispose-all and the water heater. The disposall works on the strip but the water heater does not. It should be noted that this configuration worked at some point, but my mom unplugged everything, re-configured it, and no we are having the h20 heater issue.

The water heater will work if plugged into the wall, however, the dishwasher will not work if plugged into the strip. I have tried swapping out the strip and the same problems persist. Any ideas?

The specs for the h20 heater are as follows:

115V-- 4.3A-- 500W-- 60hZ

thanks fellas, happy new years

tomf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
DIY'er

Rewards Points: 0

mini-on demand h20 heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomf82 View Post
I am having some electrical issues with a small on demand water heater, the sink-side kind with a small spigot. This is a multi-faceted problem so bear with me on the explanation.

My mom had a handyman install this unit. Under the sink is a standard, 2-socket outlet. Currently, the dishwasher is plugged into one socket, while a plug strip is plugged into the other. On the strip is the dispose-all and the water heater. The disposall works on the strip but the water heater does not. It should be noted that this configuration worked at some point, but my mom unplugged everything, re-configured it, and no we are having the h20 heater issue.

The water heater will work if plugged into the wall, however, the dishwasher will not work if plugged into the strip. I have tried swapping out the strip and the same problems persist. Any ideas?

The specs for the h20 heater are as follows:

115V-- 4.3A-- 500W-- 60hZ

thanks fellas, happy new years
Is one side of the outlet controlled (top or bottom) by a switch for the disposal?

Although I don't think your violating any codes, it seems like a poor idea to put all that stuff on one circuit.

Jamie

jamiedolan is offline   Reply With Quote