Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
JOATMON

Share |

Merging Plumbing lines into Main?

Are there rules as to how many fixtures can be on a certain size DWS line before it joins into the main line?

Specifically.....I'm in the final stages of my upstairs plumbing....I have 1 shower, 1 bathtub and 2 sinks that have to make their way down to the main line down below....

The sinks are easy (at least I think they are).... both sinks 1 1/2" lines to a single 2" line that goes down to my 3" main line.

But...the shower and tub....can I tie both of the 2" lines together into one 2" line down to my 3"?

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #2

here are some sizing charts
http://publicecodes.cyberregs.com/ic...2_7_sec009.htm
jaydevries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
call me E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg16 View Post
Are there rules as to how many fixtures can be on a certain size DWS line before it joins into the main line?

Specifically.....I'm in the final stages of my upstairs plumbing....I have 1 shower, 1 bathtub and 2 sinks that have to make their way down to the main line down below....

The sinks are easy (at least I think they are).... both sinks 1 1/2" lines to a single 2" line that goes down to my 3" main line.

But...the shower and tub....can I tie both of the 2" lines together into one 2" line down to my 3"?
I believe you're UPC, so yes a 2" will work
Old 09-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
JOATMON

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEplumber View Post
I believe you're UPC, so yes a 2" will work
Confirm....I can run both the shower and bathtub 2" lines together into a single 2" and then down to my 3"?

My
and
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
call me E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg16 View Post
Confirm....I can run both the shower and bathtub 2" lines together into a single 2" and then down to my 3"?
Yes, 8 DFU's are allowed on a hor. 2"
shower-2
lav. 1
tub/shower combo-2

You have 6 on your lines if I accounted for all your fixtures
Old 09-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
Doing it myself

Send a message via AIM to Alan Send a message via MSN to Alan

Bathtub only needs to be 1-1/2" unless you have an extra long trap arm for some reason.
3-1/2 Feet for 1-1/2"
5 Feet for 2"

2" is still fine though if that's the way you have already done it.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
JOATMON

Thanks guys....

I haven't plumbed it yet....this is my upstairs....I didn't want to start drilling holes in my floor until I knew for sure how the lines were going to run.

It will be a lot easier to tap in just one 2" into my main 3" vs 2 or 3 lines.....

My
and