Maximum Distance Of Sink From Drain? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25
Question

Maximum distance of sink from drain?

Attached is my schematic layout for my basement bathroom and wet bar. All fixtures are to be placed along a common foundation wall. The bathroom is already roughed in with grounds works (2" sink drain, 4" toilet drain, 2" shower drain). There is a 1.5" vent to the roof available that is also connected to the crock pit sewage ejector pump which is about 15' or 20' away from the sink drain.

My jurisdiction falls under the 2006 International Plumbing Code.

I intend to place a wet bar about 136" to the right of the sink drain (see attached schematic). How far can I go from the sink drain? I plan on running a 'revent' 1.5" pipe from the wetbar sink to the vent line.

I was told by an inspector over the phone that if I use a 2" drain pipe and an air admittance valve (AAV), I could go out as far as 120" (10'). With a 1.5" drain pipe that same distance is 8' with an AAV. Neither solution won't be quite enough for me. I am not sure if the inspector quite understood my layout as I described the attached schematic over the phone.

I also don't want to incur the expense of putting new groundworks or adding a new vent to the roof.

Is there a way for me to go out to my desired distance of 136" (11'4")?
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Basement bath and wetbar.pdf (10.1 KB, 251 views)

Advertisement

DIYHomeTheater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain distance sink