Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #1

Share |

Marble Farmhouse Sink Strainer

Several years ago I bought a marble farmhouse sink from a place that was closing them out. Well, I'm finally getting around to installing the new cabinets and sink, but the problem I'm having is finding a sink strainer that will work. I've tried Ace Hardware, the big box stores (lowes in particular) and a plumbing supply house. I came closest at the supply house, but all they had in stock was chrome. At this point the tops aren't done, so I just wanted something to install on a temporary basis to get the plumbing connected again and they only charged me $10 for the part.

Since it's only temporary, I can probably make this one from the plumbing supply house work for now, but where do I find these when it's time to make the final purchase? I'm also concerned about hooking this one up, since it could through the rest of the install off, if I find one that is longer, etc.

We are wanting to go with an oil rubbed bronze, or similar finish and I'm told if I don't order the faucet and strainer together, they'll never match. The sink is what I believe they call sunshine gold/yellow, so I think a darker faucet and strainer will look best.

So far I've checked pfister, delta and a few other sites. Delta does appear to have some that are deep with baskets, but not in the darker colors. I guess one of my main concerns is buying a strainer from one source and buying the faucet from another, because of matching!

Any help and direction is much appreciated. I do kind of like the ones that have the deep baskets.

Last edited by Master Brian; 04-09-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Master Brian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
DIY staff

Could you post a picture or link so we know what you mean by a "Mable Farm House Sink"

Is this for a kitchen or bathroom?

Any info will help--I just am not familiar with the name----

Old 04-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #3

http://sunshinestone33.stonebtb.com/...arm-sink.shtml

This is real close to what I have, but single bowl. Guess some people call them apron sinks as well. It is for the kitchen.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
DIY staff

Getting a perfect match on the strainer and faucet is unlikely---it's in the bottom of the sink--is it necessary to have a perfect match?
Old 04-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #5

Perfect, probably not. I just don't want it to be too obvious and honestly I don't know how different they could be.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #6

"Oil rubbed bronze" seems to have the widest color range as you go from one mfg. to another. I would definitely want to be able to compare the color shades.

Buying them at the same time makes sense, even if you delay installing one. I've know a couple of people that have been burned because the second product (or more of the same) was not available a few months later.

Oso954 is online now   Reply With Quote