DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Main line plumbing replace and all sewage lines replaced - approximate cost?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  747 
#1 ·
Hi I was wondering what would normally be the cost for a sewage line replacement including digging up the old cast iron one and removal with permit. Also if you include all the kitchen, laundry, bathroom (just one) for a typical house?

It's a raised foundation. There were leaks in the sewage line and clogs/roots in the main line running to the street sewage

Thanks

#2 ·
You realize you will not get a useful answer here---call a couple of sewer /plumbers and get quotes---

A friend just had about 35 feet trenched in and paid $4500

I've heard of prices from $2500 up to $16000---depends on weather you need to rip up the road ,cross under a drive way--chisel through rock---move a porch---

Just make a few calls---Mike-----

#4 ·
On something like that,it is best to get several quotes--I've seen quotes on the same work vary by a lot----The sewer line should be done in a day.

Your inside work? Once again, a plumber needs to see the job---some are easy---others are a time consuming nightmare---

#7 ·
In my town wayne will repipe your front yard for 3000.:laughing: He isn't allowed to go into house. Licensed plumber for this. Wayne is a excavator and septic install and does drainage for farmers. Him and his father have all kinds of digging equipment He is the guy who has the BAD ASS hydrojetter.

#3 ·
Wow yeah thats big price difference. It's all about a foot or so deep in clay-like soil and raised foundation. Someone quoted me $6400 to replace all out sewage including the mainline.

To me it seemed high for approximately 3 days of work and 2 men. I'll look into getting another quote as well.

#5 ·
I would get multiple estimates, never go with cheapest a big difference could be trouble get at least three they should be relatively close if one quotes you 6500 and the other 2 are at 10 and 12 beware of the 6500 unfortunately not saying this is always the case but most companies that low ball their work usually end up in trouble and the home owner is the one that ultimately looses at the end. i see it everyday plumbers bailing on unfinished work. take ur time do your home work, permits always and a strong contract you should be fine, good luck.

#6 · (Edited)
It's OK to go with the lowest RESPONSIBLE bidder. Just make sure you do your home work. The lowest bidder might have less overhead, older equipment, no fancy trucks, owner does all his /her own work, has his/her shop on their own property. ETC, ETC.

Permits a must and a good Contractor will not worry about two much up front money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.