Low Water Pressure And Hot Water - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-03-2010, 08:22 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Low water pressure and hot water

Just purchased a new home. The first thing we had to do is clean out all plumbing fixtures. We have 4 showers: 2 free standing and 2 with tubs. The 2 free standing have low water pressure and to get a hot shower you have to turn the water all the way up. The tub showers have great pressure and hot water. One is downstairs front of house and the other is upstairs middle of house.
I have read online that there is some type of restrictor that all manufacturers put in shower heads. If that is the case then why am I only having trouble with the 2 free standing showers and not the others?
I hope that someone can help me out and that I have included all needed information. (Electric hot water heater and Rainsoft water softner)
*We also remember that at some point during construction there was a hole cut out in the sheetrock outside of one of the showers.

Advertisement

KTeach81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

Low water pressure and hot water

I'd start by removing the shower heads on the two low flow showers and making sure they're free of debree or restrictions.

Advertisement

cm3putter is offline   Reply With Quote