Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Low Water Pressure Delta Single Handle Shower Model 602

I have a Delta single handle shower model 602 that does not have much pressure to either the showerhead or the spout. It is approx. 27 years old. I have replaced the ball assembly and the seats and springs and cleaned some hardwater deposits form the fixture itself. I have also removed and cleaned the diverter assembly and it seems fine. I can't figure out why the pressure is low, there are two double sinks in the same bathroom, two double sinks and a shower (same Delta fixture) in the bathroom in the next room. All of them have good pressure. The low pressure is in both the hot and cold lines. I find it hard to believe that both of the lines could have some kind of blockage. Iím thinking maybe the fixture itself is bad, but there aren't any more moving parts to replace. Is there a way to clean out the inner water pipes of the fixture to clear a potential blockage? Any suggestions?

rckeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
Long-Time DIYer

Is it supplied by old galvanized water pipes? Those obsolete lines will build up scale inside over time, restricting water flow, and will eventually plug up completely if not replaced.
If not, have you turned the water on with the faucet ball assembly completely removed to check the pressure and blow out any floating debris that might be plugging it up when pressurized? Try that.
If you've replaced all of the Delta "innards" with genuine Delta parts, one of the two scenarios above may be the culprit.
Good Luck!
Mike

Mike Swearingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #3

Thanks. All copper to all fixtures in both bathrooms and throughout house. Yes, I did turn the water on for a few seconds with the ball assembly removed. Myabe I will try it again and see if it helps.
rckeagle is offline   Reply With Quote