Low Pressure Inside House - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Low Pressure inside house

I live in a double wide. My house is 9 years old. I have city water. Up until recently I have had EXCELLENT water pressure. I could wash clothes, have the dishwasher on, flush the toilet and hop right in the shower with no decrease in water pressure at all. Starting a few months ago, I noticed that the water pressure would decrease if water was running somewhere else in the house. Now it has got to the point that the water will decrease all the way down to a VERY small stream to almost nothing when turning on the first faucet. I now very rarely have a full stream of water and most of the time I have to wait till the small stream builds up to a decent stream...with no other water on anywhere else in the house. But there are times I start off with a decent stream.
I am wondering if my pressure regulator is going bad and causing all of this. When our house was set up, the guy who hooked up the water line showed me what the pressure regulator is and explained it's purpose. Now that regulator is rusted from a small water leak somewhere in the line around the regulator (that has been going on for awhile...ugghhh...I cant seem to get my husband concerned about it) It looks awful on the outside so I am assuming that it looks bad on the inside also.
Does my assumption sound right??? Or should I also be looking into another problem?

Advertisement

bmford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #2
Plumb or Die!

Rewards Points: 250

I've seen this exact problem in the past, and it was a failed pressure regulating valve.

Advertisement

plumber666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plumber666 For This Useful Post:
bmford (04-23-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10
Unhappy

I have similar problem yet with a strange twist.Cold water in Kitchen,vanity,bathtub and outside hose bib are just fine.
Clothes washer works like a champ.
Kitchen sink single control handle goes great cold yet when moved to the right, hot water has trickle flow.Vanity has good pressure.Bathtub mediocre flow.
Question: Why only some and not all ?
I have checked drain spigot at base of water heater.I made sure that all supply valves were open ( lefty loosey ).

WTF ?
At wits end
woodye85741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:09 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodye85741 View Post
I have similar problem yet with a strange twist.Cold water in Kitchen,vanity,bathtub and outside hose bib are just fine.
Clothes washer works like a champ.
Kitchen sink single control handle goes great cold yet when moved to the right, hot water has trickle flow.Vanity has good pressure.Bathtub mediocre flow.
Question: Why only some and not all ?
I have checked drain spigot at base of water heater.I made sure that all supply valves were open ( lefty loosey ).

WTF ?
At wits end
Your problem is not similar unless you mean you both have a plumbing problem, why don't you start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.
plumberinlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plumberinlaw For This Useful Post:
woodye85741 (04-27-2011)