Low Hot Water Pressure In Bathroom. - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-22-2010, 12:02 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Low hot water pressure in bathroom.

Hi folks, I purchased my first home last year and apon moveing into the home, something I didn't notice was the hot water pressure in my bathroom is really low.

The hot water from my sink comes out at about 1/3 the pressure of the cold and it also takes like 5 min till it begins to get warm. The hot water in the tub has the same pressure issue but seems to get warm at a normal rate. Do to the pressure issure in both the sink and the tub however I find that i can barely turn the cold water on while trying to have the hot on at the same time or I find the cold over powers the hot. (Like when trying to take a shower or wash my hands)

The hot water tank sits in a hall closet type of enclosure between the bathroom and kitchen, directly behind the wall of the bathroom.

The kitchen sink doesn't seem to have a problem with pressure however. Being a new home owner I'm finding myself not knowing as much as I'd hoped i would by now. So, any help on this subject is more then appreciated, Thank you in advance.

Advertisement

Craive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #2

First question, do you have copper, pex, galvanized, or PVC. Next, how far away is your water heater? Is there more than one water heater?

Advertisement

masterplumbdc34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:41 AM   #3

Well i cant really tell. But the little bit of line that's coming through the wall under the sink has a small part that isn't painted on and it looks copper and I don't remember the guy that did the inspection saying wether it was or wasn't. I'd have to go in the crawl space i guess and hope to find a peice that hasn't been ran through the walls or try to scrape some of the paint off to see if i can verify from the ones under the sink.
Craive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 75

look around for a hot water valve suppling the bathroom that might be partially closed
just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote