DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Low cold water pressure in shower

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  peezee 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a double handle delta shower. The cold water side has very low pressure so I removed the cartridge and made sure there was no build-up there. It was fine. How can I check and clear any build up further down the cold water inlet? Can a 'snake' of some type be used? Added info here...our city water, while not hard, has a habit of containing white particulate that ranges from fine sand size to half little fingernail size. I clean it out of the filter for the washer cold water inlet at least once a month or so. That's why I think there is a build up somewhere.

#2 ·
If you have that coming into the house, a whloe house filter seems to be appropriate to prevent future problems. Valves are usually the smallest orrifices in a plumbing system, so that is the place to look. Getting anything into those places, like a snake, is pretty hard. Try draining the cold side and blowing compressed air into the faucet. It might rearrange the particles allowing them to flow out. Or find a place upstream to do the same, blowing it out.

#3 ·
low pressure cold

Thanks, I'll give the compressor a shot. Thought the city water would be better than our well was.:no: What was I thinkin'? Anyway, am looking at different whole house set-ups because I am really tired of this happening, I only have to convince the spouse that it isn't just stuff still coming through due to previous gunk...we've been off the well for about 4 years! The man can render safe a bomb but plumbing is a mystery.:confused1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.