DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Loose / Bent Faucet (

yasman 03-30-2009 08:32 PM

Loose / Bent Faucet
Hello. My first post here, very new to all of this.

Seeking advise on kitchen faucet repair. The faucet has come loose from the left side of the base.

It has been used this way for a while, and water that splashes on the counter now manages to seep under the loose part. I know ... totally my fault, wish I would've addressed it earlier.

Also, with the faucet being used like this, it appears warped, or possibly the water pipes below have become warped, and so it is loose and also not sitting flush with the counter, it is titled upward. Pushing it down doesn't help, it tilts back up.

I think originally, the faucet was attached with some sort of sealant, and I could probably apply some again, but it is bent now, not sure what to do about that. I may end up calling a professional to do it, but would like to take care of it myself if possible.

Your help is appreciated, thank you.

JDC 03-30-2009 08:50 PM

Get under the sink and look up where the faucet connects. There should be a nut whether plastic or metal that is used to tighten the faucet to the sink. You may have to remove the water supply tube on the hot side to get to it. In addition, you may need a basin wrench to tighten it as its probable a pretty tight space.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1