Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Location of Pump Switch Floats

Hello Everyone, I appreciate any help I can get with this. Its a 2 parter so I will post 2 questions. Due to the economy I am having to do this work myself. I am handy with tools but the specifics sometimes get a little tricky. First off I found out our Septic tank was not being drained because the floats on the floats that attached to the outlet of the pump (these are super single mercury activated pump switches) had broken off and were just sitting on the top of the water. I purchased new ones because they were no longer working and need to install them. I am given them a 3" tether length because that is what is recommended due to my other problem which I will discuss short. My question is this: How far up from the pump should these be installed. I have 2 one is the on/off the other is the redundant. How far up from the pump and then how far from each other? If you can help answer this then please look at my other post, that one is the tricky one.

cessna1466u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

You have to give more info. like brands of the pumps, models of the pumps, is this a inside or outside system?

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

This is an outside system, I have no actual idea of the pump brand but the as-built plans say Hydromatic SP 40. I have what I guess to be called a 3 tank system. One were everything comes into, the solids stay there and the liquids go to the second tank. Then that tank drains into the pump tank. The pump tank is a 740gal (Does this make sense?). I have what I think is an on demand system, there is no controller or anything like that. I have the pump, on the pump out take pipe that goes into the main pipe that sends the water to the drain field I have 2 pump switches and 1 alarm float. Here is what the specs say on the as built about the pumps:

Must must be capable of delivering:
39.6 GPM against 16.6 TDM
Pump to be Hydromatic SP40 or equal
Set controls to Dose 2 times daily or 180 gal/Dose
High water alarm to be set at 240 gal
Pump chamber to provide volume equal to:
100 Gal for pump submersion
360 Gal One OPO (Emergency Storage)
180 Gal Dose

I am reading from a barely legible As-Built so some of this might be compltely off. Thanks for any help you could offer.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/David/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/David/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/David/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]
cessna1466u is offline   Reply With Quote