Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Licensed Plumber ?

I had renovated my home 2 years ago with a licensed and insured GC. complete gut out . all significant subcontractors (major ones) were licensed, including the plumbing company. Unfortunately midway through the plumbing job, GC said he fired the plumbing company over a discrepancy, (bs), and he kept the guy on my home who had done all of the roughing...I spoke to the plumbing company now and they say quite a different story. They say the man on the job in my home (roughing) quit the company and went with my GC. Subsequently, I expressed my concern to the GC that the plumber had no license and he told me not to worry. The GC left a 3,500.00 balance witht the Plumbing company of which they liened my home and have plumbing issues in my home, back up and so forth. spoke with GC last year and he told me to call the company that I had a warrantee with them . I did so and they told me what he did and that all drainage problems I may have I am not covered because they did not finish the work, due to lack of payment and that GC did not continue with them.. GC left Companies permit on my home and continued the job using an unlicensed plumber, fully aware. I am in litigation with him right now..Want to discuss in forum, my options. I know I claimed FDUPTA which is treble damages, but wanted to discuss the severity of this....,thank you to anyone that has any input....

lrm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,020

Licensed Plumber ?

Quote:
I am in litigation with him right now..Want to discuss in forum,
Ayuh,... This is a DIY forum,... Not a Legal Help forum,...

I doubt your going to get much Discussion....

Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

Licensed Plumber ?

I agree with Bondo. You need to take your contract to an attorney.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

Licensed Plumber ?

Agreed, this is not the forum for solicitation of legal advice regarding what is certainly an unfortunate situation.
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote