DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Plumbing (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/)
-   -   LG dishwasher trouble (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/lg-dishwasher-trouble-170820/)

k3rast4se 02-02-2013 10:51 AM

LG dishwasher trouble
 
It's my first post on this forum because I'm desperate for an advice. Here's my story.
-Bought an lg dishwasher LDF7920ST fully-integrated in may 2011. Had no trouble for 1 years
-Then motor started to do a whining noise, dishes start to get dirty (specially top rack). Seem like the DW was not filtering the dirt from the water.
-Went on internet (amazon,forum...) and tons of people had problem with the DW model. Most of the times 1/5 stars. Most of the people finally changed it after failed reparation.
-My mother-in-law finally convince me to call awful sears technical service. Service told me there was a defect with the PCB, motor and firmware. They would come in to change the defective part.
-Technician told me my installation was not right (drain going in the basement) and the reason for my problem was the syphoning effect because there was no water in the DW.
-Started arguing with the tech that there's water in the DW during pre-rince,clean,rince cycle. Have no error code, and the dishwasher was working perfectly well for 1 years.
-He finally left not changing anything because my installation is not right. Ask him to at least change the part (motor, pcb, firmware). He refused saying that my installation need to be right before.
-Called LG technical support, they refuse to service me because sears has exlusive repair right during and AFTER warranty.
-I don't feel like reinstalling completely my DW just to get my part repaired. I'm out of warranty june 18th 2013 and according to most people problem keep coming back.
-The tech gave me the explanation that the syphoning effect can be intermittent. How come it's intermittent when there's no problem for 1 years then problem non-stop for 6 month. What should I do? Is the syphoning effect really the problem when there's still plenty of water in the DW during cleaning AND had no problem for 1 years? Problem is happening all the times and not intermittent like he said?

joeplumber85 02-02-2013 11:52 AM

Many moving parts utilize water for the purpose of lubricant and coolant. If siphonage is draining more water then intended then you may be doing excessive wear and tear on those parts.

The point is mute though if the DW was installed to Manufacture specs... Was it?

ben's plumbing 02-02-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k3rast4se (Post 1107884)
It's my first post on this forum because I'm desperate for an advice. Here's my story.
-Bought an lg dishwasher LDF7920ST fully-integrated in may 2011. Had no trouble for 1 years
-Then motor started to do a whining noise, dishes start to get dirty (specially top rack). Seem like the DW was not filtering the dirt from the water.
-Went on internet (amazon,forum...) and tons of people had problem with the DW model. Most of the times 1/5 stars. Most of the people finally changed it after failed reparation.
-My mother-in-law finally convince me to call awful sears technical service. Service told me there was a defect with the PCB, motor and firmware. They would come in to change the defective part.
-Technician told me my installation was not right (drain going in the basement) and the reason for my problem was the syphoning effect because there was no water in the DW.
-Started arguing with the tech that there's water in the DW during pre-rince,clean,rince cycle. Have no error code, and the dishwasher was working perfectly well for 1 years.
-He finally left not changing anything because my installation is not right. Ask him to at least change the part (motor, pcb, firmware). He refused saying that my installation need to be right before.
-Called LG technical support, they refuse to service me because sears has exlusive repair right during and AFTER warranty.
-I don't feel like reinstalling completely my DW just to get my part repaired. I'm out of warranty june 18th 2013 and according to most people problem keep coming back.
-The tech gave me the explanation that the syphoning effect can be intermittent. How come it's intermittent when there's no problem for 1 years then problem non-stop for 6 month. What should I do? Is the syphoning effect really the problem when there's still plenty of water in the DW during cleaning AND had no problem for 1 years? Problem is happening all the times and not intermittent like he said?

there are many appliance repair companys out ther call another one ....not sears ever ben sr

jagans 02-02-2013 07:18 PM

Just FYI Thats Moot, Joe plumber85. A mute is like someone who is a deaf mute.

To the point, I did not buy this brand or a Bosch after reading reviews on them. I did buy a GE and am tickled pink with it. The GE had all the features of the others, it was much cheaper than either of the others, had a stainless steel tub, was quieter that the others, and had the controls out front, nut stuck on top where water could get to them. Go Figure, All perception.

Javiles 02-02-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagans (Post 1108178)
Just FYI Thats Moot, Joe plumber85. A mute is like someone who is a deaf mute.

To the point, I did not buy this brand or a Bosch after reading reviews on them. I did buy a GE and am tickled pink with it. The GE had all the features of the others, it was much cheaper than either of the others, had a stainless steel tub, was quieter that the others, and had the controls out front, nut stuck on top where water could get to them. Go Figure, All perception.

Moot that's a new word for me what the heck does it mean. :huh:

sublime2 02-02-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagans (Post 1108178)
Just FYI Thats Moot, Joe plumber85. A mute is like someone who is a deaf mute.

To the point, I did not buy this brand or a Bosch after reading reviews on them. I did buy a GE and am tickled pink with it. The GE had all the features of the others, it was much cheaper than either of the others, had a stainless steel tub, was quieter that the others, and had the controls out front, nut stuck on top where water could get to them. Go Figure, All perception.

mute /mjuːt/
▶ adjective
1. refraining from speech or temporarily speechless: Harry sat mute, his cheeks burning resentfully

▶ verb [with obj.] deaden, muffle, or soften the sound of: her footsteps were muted by the thick carpet.

▪ reduce the strength or intensity of: police violence was always muted by the presence of the media.

To describe a person without the power of speech as mute (especially as in deaf mute) is today likely to cause offence and the term is often regarded as outdated. Nevertheless, there are no accepted alternative terms for mute in general use, apart from the possibly imprecise term speech-impaired.

sublime2 02-02-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javiles (Post 1108210)

Moot that's a new word for me what the heck does it mean. :huh:

moot
▶ adjective
1. subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty: whether the temperature rise was mainly due to the greenhouse effect was a moot point.
2. N. Amer. having little or no practical relevance: the whole matter is becoming increasingly moot.
▶ verb [with obj.] raise (a question or topic) for discussion; suggest (an idea or possibility): the scheme was first mooted last October.
▶ noun
1. historical an assembly held for debate, especially in Anglo-Saxon and medieval times.
▪ a regular gathering of people having a common interest.
2. Law a mock judicial proceeding set up to examine a hypothetical case as an academic exercise.
— ORIGIN
Old English mōt 'assembly or meeting' and mōtian 'to converse', of Germanic origin; related to meet1. The adjective (originally an attributive noun use: see moot court) dates from the mid 16th cent.; the current verb sense dates from the mid 17th cent.

Javiles 02-02-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublime2 (Post 1108219)
mute /mjuːt/
▶ adjective
1. refraining from speech or temporarily speechless: Harry sat mute, his cheeks burning resentfully

▶ verb [with obj.] deaden, muffle, or soften the sound of: her footsteps were muted by the thick carpet.

▪ reduce the strength or intensity of: police violence was always muted by the presence of the media.

To describe a person without the power of speech as mute (especially as in deaf mute) is today likely to cause offence and the term is often regarded as outdated. Nevertheless, there are no accepted alternative terms for mute in general use, apart from the possibly imprecise term speech-impaired.

LOL i know what mute is, MOOT MOOT That's the word if it is a word. on to google

Javiles 02-02-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublime2 (Post 1108221)
moot
▶ adjective
1. subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty: whether the temperature rise was mainly due to the greenhouse effect was a moot point.
2. N. Amer. having little or no practical relevance: the whole matter is becoming increasingly moot.
▶ verb [with obj.] raise (a question or topic) for discussion; suggest (an idea or possibility): the scheme was first mooted last October.
▶ noun
1. historical an assembly held for debate, especially in Anglo-Saxon and medieval times.
▪ a regular gathering of people having a common interest.
2. Law a mock judicial proceeding set up to examine a hypothetical case as an academic exercise.
— ORIGIN
Old English mōt 'assembly or meeting' and mōtian 'to converse', of Germanic origin; related to meet1. The adjective (originally an attributive noun use: see moot court) dates from the mid 16th cent.; the current verb sense dates from the mid 17th cent.

Thanks sublime2 whos says old plumbers cant learn new things on this site. :wink:

md2lgyk 02-03-2013 07:43 AM

Why was the dishwasher drain run to the basement? I've never seen one done that way. What down there does it drain into? Well, technically, dishwashers don''t drain, the water is pumped out.

I tend to think the technician was correct that siphoning is the source of the problem. Why it's just now showing up is anybody's guess. Another thing to check is the filter. They're supposed to be self cleaning but sometimes clog anyway.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved