DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Leaks after moving kitchen taps (

mdug 08-04-2005 07:06 AM

Leaks after moving kitchen taps
I've just moved my kitchen sink and extended the water pipes using 'plumeasy' push-on connectors.

All was well for a couple of days but one of the joints on the hot pipe has burst causing a flood. The joint seemed secure enough after fitting.

How can I ensure that this won't happen again? Should I use an alternative way of connecting the pipes?

MgMopar 08-14-2005 10:25 AM

I am not familiar with "plumeasy" fittings. I am not sure if they even sell them in the USA. What are they used with, sounds like it is a fixable plastic? If it is similar to a compression fitting the proper tightening would be very important and sometimes flexible plastic would use a brass support tube inside at the cut end by the connector. Did you have any extra pieces? Hopefully someone with familiarity with the "plumeasy" connectors will respond to this thread. Also, you can look at the instructions and or package and see if they have a Helpline you could call.

Good Luck.

mdug 08-18-2005 08:10 AM

Thanks for the reply. I replaced the push on joints with compression joints and have had no further problems.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.