Leaking Hot Water From The Single Valve Kohler Shower Head - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-12-2009, 12:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

leaking hot water from the single valve kohler shower head

hi I am desperate to fix my shower that is leaking. I ordered a new cartridge from kohler and replaced it. the shower head still leaks, but it only leaks hot water. We don't know what else could be the problem. I tried googling the problem and I can't find an answer, except to replace the cartridge. We replaced the entire component. What do we do? The leak stops only after we shut off the hot water in the entire house.

Advertisement

B1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to B1026 For This Useful Post:
DaleMullin (08-23-2013)
Old 12-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Sounds like an o-ring on the back side of the new cartridge may have seated improperly when you pushed the cartridge in place?

Advertisement

Ishmael is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ishmael For This Useful Post:
DaleMullin (08-23-2013)
Old 01-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

We had a cold snap and it started afterwards. Got down to 16 in fort worth, which is really unusual. The pipe froze, or at least I think it did. I removed the face and turned a space heater on in the bathroom. I ran a hair dryer (set on luke warm) over the valve hole and the shower head for a couple minutes and the water began to flow gently, then at full force. Since then, I've had a hot water leak. If it is an o-ring issue, do we remove the valve and replace the o-ring? Is it that simple?
jobylewis is offline   Reply With Quote