Leaking Bathroom Drain. Concrete Subfloor... Help - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-27-2009, 05:11 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Leaking bathroom drain. Concrete subfloor... Help

We have water coming underneath the floor in the hallway next to the bathroom. We believe the water is coming from a leaking bathtub drain.

This is a single story house with concrete subfloor/no basement. We thought it may have been coming from the roof vent but its not looking that way now.

This is an older home and has a ceramic tub/tile floors in the bathroom. Obviously there is no access panel. The shower wall is tiled.

I'm in a bad spot here aren't I? Does the tub need to be pulled out? Cut a hole in the opposite wall and take a look? Advice?

No way this can be fixed without anything intrusive is there? There is a screw on top of the tub drain.

Advertisement

crashtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:42 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Before you can fix anything, you need to know what needs to be fixed. If there is no access, you need to make one. Drywall is easy to fix, removing a tub is not.

Advertisement

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

I have had my share of mishaps.
I think more information is needed to isolate the problem.

Did you shut the water off? Did the water leak after having a shower or bath? Did it continue to leak after the shower/bath was over? Was the water warm or cold? How much water? What kind of pipes are they? Is there any individual shut offs? Was the drywall wet on the other side?

Did you inspect the tiles. I rented a crappy place in college and you could have pushed the tiles in as the drywall was just like soggy bread. We had to tape plastic bags over the loose tiles.

Good luck.
toolbelt Tina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathtub , concrete , drain , leak