DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Leaking bathroom drain. Concrete subfloor... Help

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  toolbelt Tina 
#1 ·
We have water coming underneath the floor in the hallway next to the bathroom. We believe the water is coming from a leaking bathtub drain.

This is a single story house with concrete subfloor/no basement. We thought it may have been coming from the roof vent but its not looking that way now.

This is an older home and has a ceramic tub/tile floors in the bathroom. Obviously there is no access panel. The shower wall is tiled.

I'm in a bad spot here aren't I? Does the tub need to be pulled out? Cut a hole in the opposite wall and take a look? Advice?

No way this can be fixed without anything intrusive is there? There is a screw on top of the tub drain.

#3 ·
more info

I have had my share of mishaps.
I think more information is needed to isolate the problem.

Did you shut the water off? Did the water leak after having a shower or bath? Did it continue to leak after the shower/bath was over? Was the water warm or cold? How much water? What kind of pipes are they? Is there any individual shut offs? Was the drywall wet on the other side?

Did you inspect the tiles. I rented a crappy place in college and you could have pushed the tiles in as the drywall was just like soggy bread. We had to tape plastic bags over the loose tiles.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.