Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #1

Share |

Leak - New American Standard faucet

Just installed a new American Standard faucet and it is leaking - when I turn on the cold water, the hot water valve leaks on top... If I take the handle off, I can see water pooling up just under the nut that holds the hot water valve together.

See video - http://youtu.be/HTQ44et9atQ

At first it looks like the compression nut, under the sink, leaking but I assure you it is not.

Can someone explain what's going on here?

Thanks,
Uphype - OKC
Attached Thumbnails
Leak - New American Standard faucet-photo.jpg  

Last edited by uphype; 03-11-2012 at 04:15 PM.
uphype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Happy to help

Every once in awhile you just get a bad faucet. I just recently installed one, and it leaked out of the top, and I could actually pull the faucet off the unit. It's not supposed to do that lol. Just return it and get a new one. These should work flawlessly out of the box. You'll waste way too much time trying to solve a factor defect than it's worth.

Lighting Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #3

I totally understand but I just replaced a Glacier Bay faucet today because it leaked around the base - the gasket was crappy - bought it last night, returned it today and got a better quality faucet... Wow! Is Home Depot just selling crap these days? It was a $65 faucet...
Old 03-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Happy to help

I think a lot of the stuff everyone sells is questionable. Not only that, if it is returned for being crap, they wrap it back up and put it back on the shelf. I've bought a plumbing drain cleaner before that said absolutely no returns, but the metal was rusty from having been previously used and returned. They didn't want to give me money back. I was about to cause a scene until they came to their senses.
Lighting Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #5

Yeah, they restocked the Glacier Bay I returned while I was on that isle and told them that was just wrong... They took it off the shelf - at least till I left.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
Master Plumber

Guess we need to write an article on the home depots A B C materials

Experience is Knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it

http://www.americandrain.net
Javiles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Javiles For This Useful Post:
ben's plumbing (03-13-2012), TheEplumber (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiles View Post
Guess we need to write an article on the home depots A B C materials
Lets keep it a secret. Do you really want homeowner's at your supply house?
Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #8

Hi Uphype,
My name is Gulsah and I work for American Standard Brands. We (myself, Customer Care and also the product managers) reviewed your video and would like you to call our Customer Service team. Here is the number so they can help you further. They can help you further with this product. American Standard Customer Care Phone #: 1-800-442-1902 or simply visit our website and under the Connect navigation, look for Customer Service page or just go to this page. http://www.americanstandard-us.com/contactUs.aspx
Thanks, Gulsah At American Standard
Gulsah_ASB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by uphype View Post
Just installed a new American Standard faucet and it is leaking - when I turn on the cold water, the hot water valve leaks on top... If I take the handle off, I can see water pooling up just under the nut that holds the hot water valve together.

See video - http://youtu.be/HTQ44et9atQ

At first it looks like the compression nut, under the sink, leaking but I assure you it is not.

Can someone explain what's going on here?

Thanks,
Uphype - OKC
Hi Uphype,
My name is Gulsah and I work for American Standard Brands. We (myself, Customer Care and also the product managers) reviewed your video and would like you to call our Customer Service team. Here is the number so they can help you further. They can help you further with this product. American Standard Customer Care Phone #: 1-800-442-1902 or simply visit our website and under the Connect navigation, look for Customer Service page or just go to this page. http://www.americanstandard-us.com/contactUs.aspx
Gulsah_ASB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
Master Plumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulsah_ASB View Post
Hi Uphype,

How about instead of making him jump through hoops you replace the product compensate labor and time wasted returning a defective product. I gave up recommending American standard to my customers a long time ago, as a contractor I bought them by the hundreds contractors packs 20% had multiple problem mainly leaks.

Experience is Knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it

http://www.americandrain.net
Javiles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Javiles For This Useful Post:
ben's plumbing (03-13-2012)