Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #1

Share |

layout and floor hole placement for kit sink

some of you journeyman-expert plumbers, pls help. new layers of subfloor in kit, so time to cut holes in floor for supply lines and drain.

so i need to know the layout for the drain lines and where (front-back from wall and left-right within a 34-36" cab) i should cut the hole in floor for the drain.

no inspectors here, other than home inspectors during home purchases.
but i want to do right, proper way.
no freeze issues, i'm in deep south.
3' crawlspace.
will have dishwasher to the right of the sink cab. double-basin sink.
i have wired in for a disposal, but not going to install. just wanted it for future owner or expansion later. (i'm on septic tank, and i garden, so i have compost pile)

(there is a window that is centered on where sink cab will go)
should i cut my floor hole dead-center on window, so i will be center of cab? or does it need to be offset? can anyone post a sketch of a simple layout of double-basin drain layout? will be venting with a studor vent, as high as possible, under the kit sink. (there is one, main 4" vent for the whole system, going thru roof) thanks for any input !!

firsthomereno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
call me E

I center the waste on the basin without the disposal. This allows for an end outlet waste assembly. The waters are 4" each side the cabinet center. This way its a straight shot to the faucet. Allow for trim rings on your pipes and push them to the back of the cabinet.

Sent from my DROID2 using DIY Chatroom

Old 04-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #3

i usually with a a.a.v. "air admittance valve" off set it on opposite side where disposal is going with an inch space between pipe edge and inside of the back of cabinet place sanitary t 12 inches off of floor since it may get disposal and in case it is a deep bowl or under mount sink run pipe up off of t for a.a.v. "with the offset that will keep it out of way for the faucet" and turn t on what ever angle it takes to catch p trap with a piece of pipe and sink adapter
jaydevries is offline   Reply With Quote