Latore 12180 Problem - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-31-2010, 12:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Latore 12180 Problem

I am trying to tighten or snug up the side to side motion on this Latorre 12180 Kitchen fawcet spout. I was advised to take it apart so I did. They said there might be rubber bushings inside that may need to be replaced that would snug up or tighten the side to side motion.. I first took the top apart and realised that the entire assembly needed to be taken out as it looks like the thing is built on or threaded on from the bottom up with the spout being slid on first.. It also appears that there is are inner and outer threaded cylindrical pieces at the base that need to be unscrewed before I can slide the spout off and see the bushings..

My question is,,, I can see the threaded brass part at the very bottom seems to be threaded into the lower or bottom chrome cylinder. But I cannot make it unscrew. It is like it is seized. There is a bit of corrosion at the bottom on the threads. How on earth do you grip it to put any sort of pressure on it to unscrew. I tried WD40. I see 2 holes in the top brass part that are spaced apart at the top, is there a special wrench that I am missing that fits in these holes?? How in the H*LL does this come apart? Or does this kind of tap meant to be taken apart. I tried to contact the Latore dealer here and they don't reply. Anyone familiar with this assembly? THX..

[/img]

Advertisement

bubbasweet is offline   Reply With Quote