Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Kone, Kerox cartridges

Hi plumbing guys, I'm wondering if you've come across and used Kone and Kerox faucet ceramic cartridges. I know Moen uses Kerox cartridges in some of its faucets. My faucet (not Moen) uses a Kerox cartridge that needs to be replaced. I can get a Kone equivalent much more easily than I can a Kerox but I'm not sure of the quality. Kerox is a Hungarian brand. Kone is a Taiwan brand. I'm looking for feedback on how those two brands compare.

Thanks.

Druidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:43 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 44

Kone, Kerox cartridges

I'd love to give you an answer but.... I buy cartridges based on the name of the faucet and convenient source such as my plumbing supplier

Old 05-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 0

Kone, Kerox cartridges

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEplumber View Post
I'd love to give you an answer but.... I buy cartridges based on the name of the faucet and convenient source such as my plumbing supplier
My faucet is by Mico Designs. It's one of those annoying (for me, I'd rather have a mainstream brand like Delta or Moen) "designer" European faucets. Hence, probably the reason why the faucet has a non-US brand of ceramic cartridge. The Kerox brand is not one I can buy from a box store or my local hardware stores. The ceramic cartridges I've seen on US hardware and faucet supplies stores online do not match what I have.

I didn't buy the faucet. We bought our home newly renovated years ago from a flipper who had the faucet installed. Mico supposedly has lifetime warranty on the faucet but since we don't have a receipt for the faucet, Mico is not going to provide a replacement.

Kerox itself identified/said my cartridge model as/is K40B. Mico itself sells the cartridge but, of course, jacks up the price to almost $90 with shipping. Compare that to a Pfister or other ceramic cartridges that are only $20+. I thought if I'm going to spend close to a $100 on a cartridge, I'd much rather buy a new faucet. After all, the cartridge is all plastic/nylon + ceramic discs (and the rubber rings and washers). Hardly worth $100 IMO.

I could order the Kerox cartridge overseas, much cheaper than buying from Mico directly. But, I had two online plumbing sites tell me I can use a Kone. The Kone does have a cartridge model that is a match to my Kerox. The reason I posted here is just to see if anyone has experience using a Kone ceramic cartridge and what their opinion is of its quality. The Kone cartridge is just like the Kerox - all plastic/nylon - so I was wondering what there would be in the make of the cartridge that would not make it a suitable substitute for a Kerox. 
Druidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 120

Kone, Kerox cartridges

Makes no since to me.
Buy a US made faucet and get free replacement parts for free for life.