Kohler Persuade Toilet - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Kohler Persuade Toilet

Has anyone installed a kohler persuade toilet? The install went well till I got to the rods of the dual flush push buttons.. The directions state to insert the rods into the holes in the push button housing, then press down on the push buttons until they click into place. The problem is that the rods are about 6-7" long and they seem to be too long. They stick out of the push button housing about 3-4". Do they need to be cut?

Advertisement

handyman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
the Musigician

Rewards Points: 2,000

Kohler Persuade Toilet

Not sure myself, but I would not cut the rods. Re-read the directions. You're likely missing an important move.

DM

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Kohler Persuade Toilet

Just cut the rods to the correct legnth and fluuuuuuussssshhhhh!!! It works perfectly. This toilet has some flush on the #2. Now we will see ow much water we will save with the dual flush. Sometimes you have to use common sense because the manufacturer has poor directions. You have to allow yourself over an hour to install this toilet it looks great, very streamline rock solid, and seems to work well. Thank you.
handyman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 500

Kohler Persuade Toilet

I've never had to modify a brand new kohler part, I just hope you didn't set yourself up to get screwed later
the_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 75

Kohler Persuade Toilet

I'm going through the same exact thing right now. My K-3723 Kohler toilet has the rods and they are TOO LONG.
I'll probably cut them also, unless I can't find better instructions in the next few minutes of my Internet research.
CZ DIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #6

Kohler Persuade Toilet

I said screwit and cut the rods to 3" exactly. An addition 1/16" might have worked also.

Install of the Persuade toilet was difficult'ish. The directions were an absolute joke. The brackets to hold the toilet in place are also a complete and sad JOKE.
When installing the cover, one of the retaining nuts worked loose so I have to figure out how to get my hand up under the toilet to hold it in place.

But, it flushed properly the first try. And I like the looks.

Not too happy about the rear of the toilet being open though. I hear "noises" more easily.

As you can see in the pic below, the directions suggest putting the rod into the holes on the tabs you see. But those holes are too small!
Attached Thumbnails
Kohler Persuade Toilet-img_3507.jpg   Kohler Persuade Toilet-img_3503.jpg   Kohler Persuade Toilet-img_3506.jpg   Kohler Persuade Toilet-img_3508.jpg   Kohler Persuade Toilet-img_3509.jpg  

Old 06-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #7
Still going...

Kohler Persuade Toilet

That was our original choice for master bath, however have read multiple complaints about the dual flush or lack of it. Going with Toto Aquia which still sort of looks well with Kohler Escale.

Master Bath, still going...
ChrisDIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:32 PM   #8

Kohler Persuade Toilet

There are different revisions of this Persuade toilet. I went with the newer, higher GPF rated Persuade.

I fixed the loose nut issue tonight. Was able to barely reach a screwdriver up under there to hold it in place as I tightened the lid screw.

One thing I don't like that I forgot to mention, is the water hose exits only on one side, the left side. Wish I'd known that before installing my water line on the right side. sheesh.
Worked out well though. I just got a 12" extension and ran it behind the toilet.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
Still going...

Kohler Persuade Toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ DIY View Post
There are different revisions of this Persuade toilet. I went with the newer, higher GPF rated Persuade.

I fixed the loose nut issue tonight. Was able to barely reach a screwdriver up under there to hold it in place as I tightened the lid screw.

One thing I don't like that I forgot to mention, is the water hose exits only on one side, the left side. Wish I'd known that before installing my water line on the right side. sheesh.
Worked out well though. I just got a 12" extension and ran it behind the toilet.
Unless they changed it you also had to lean toilet to the right (from standing in front) so you had to have room for this. I probably won't do the water line for toilet in master until I have it in the room in the box. Get a load of the Kohler Hatbox toilet install and rough-in.

Advertisement

Master Bath, still going...
ChrisDIY is offline   Reply With Quote