DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   kitchen taps (

robdiy 10-27-2004 01:36 PM

kitchen taps
i am fitting a new mixer tap in my kitchen as far as i can see there are no joining 'nuts' in my copper pipe work and i want to use new flexy tap connectors on my tap. How do i go about screwing the conectors from the tap in to my existing pipe work??

dirkgently 10-29-2004 11:56 AM

Assuming that there are no isolation valves, turn off hot and cold water supply and open taps to drain pipework. Cut pipes to taps under the sink (it is worth buying a pipeslice for this) and fit isolation valves (some flexy`s come with isolation valves built in. check if so fit strait to pipework) remove old tap and replace with new (fit flexy`s first). Cut some short Stubbs of copper tube (50mm) and attach to the downstream side of the isolation valves then attach flexy`s to the end. Turn on water supply and check for leaks .JD

robdiy 10-29-2004 04:59 PM

thanks a lot for the advice i am going to give it a go


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1