DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Kitchen sink (

jonnyjonny_uk 11-20-2006 06:55 AM

Kitchen sink

This might seem like a silly question but im taking out an old kitchen and sink to prepare for decorating and fitting a new sink and kitchen. Once i turn the water off to take out the sink and taps how do i leave it for turning the water back on so i can use the bathroom?

Thanks in advance for your help


Ron The Plumber 11-20-2006 07:21 AM

Are there no shut offs under the sink?

Is this a wall mount faucet?

jonnyjonny_uk 11-20-2006 07:27 AM

Hi Ron,

There are no shutoffs under the sink no. Im in Moscow by the way so it could be normal here. the only shutoff there is, is in the airing cupboard type thing which feeds the bathroom taps and the kitchen sink taps. The sink is fitted in the kistchen cupboards. The pipework comes through the wall and up to the tap so i dont think i can suspend the taps back on the end when the sink and units come out.

Thanks for helping me.


Ron The Plumber 11-20-2006 07:35 AM

Can you remove the faucet and put caps on the ends where the faucet connects to?

jonnyjonny_uk 11-20-2006 07:37 AM

Well thats what i was wanting to know if you could buy something special to go on the end when the taps come off? Do they have a special name?



Ron The Plumber 11-20-2006 07:41 AM

I don't know what type of material is used over there, but you would think there is caps for what ever you have, you could after taking off the faucet, take to the parts house and see what they have to cap the pipe with.

jonnyjonny_uk 11-20-2006 07:43 AM

Ok i will try that and let you know what happens.

Your help was greatly appreciated.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.