Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #1

Share |

Kitchen faucet choice

I am getting a lot of conflicting information on faucets.I want to spend less than $200 on a pull out faucet with a base to nozzle reach of 9"in stainless steel. I have looked at Kohlers and Moens that get mixed reviews on durability.Any suggestions?

Last edited by BarryE; 06-22-2010 at 09:43 PM.
BarryE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
Doing it myself

Send a message via AIM to Alan Send a message via MSN to Alan

Kitchen faucet choice

I always tell people if you have to spend a little more to get a name brand, get a moen. Free parts for-evar.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #3

Kitchen faucet choice

But is a Moen from HD/Lowes the same as from other Internet mail order/local plumbing supply or other sources ?
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #4

Kitchen faucet choice

Been plumbing res com indust service for 32 years now in my opinon moen has falling to the way side a bit- the rotation swing on kitchen faucets breaks alott.Kohler and delta have surpass moen years ago with the dimond tec pvd pertection plus they put more effort in the bodies.Moen lav fauets are still ok the shower valve too all though old tecnolgy.Again kohler and delta have surpassed them.The only thing to look for in moen is the new dura last which is thier attempt to catch up
michahman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to michahman For This Useful Post:
ben's plumbing (11-28-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #5

Kitchen faucet choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by michahman View Post
Been plumbing res com indust service for 32 years now in my opinon moen has falling to the way side a bit- the rotation swing on kitchen faucets breaks alott.Kohler and delta have surpass moen years ago with the dimond tec pvd pertection plus they put more effort in the bodies.Moen lav fauets are still ok the shower valve too all though old tecnolgy.Again kohler and delta have surpassed them.The only thing to look for in moen is the new dura last which is thier attempt to catch up
been installing delta 33 yrs now NO OTHER...will be installing for another 33yrs....fyi faucets from h.d..lowes ..busy beaver. hardware stores....GRADE C...
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
In a little over my head

Kitchen faucet choice

I put a Delta in my kitchen 20 years ago. I've fixed it once since. Diverter stuck and the spray didn't work. Parts were easy to find at the Orange Box. Repair was simple.
ratherbefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #7

Kitchen faucet choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbefishing View Post
I put a Delta in my kitchen 20 years ago. I've fixed it once since. Diverter stuck and the spray didn't work. Parts were easy to find at the Orange Box. Repair was simple.
thats right because delta is 1st because they last....how about that for a sales pitch...ha ha no really good faucet to deal with...Ben

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote