Kitchen Faucet - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
Lord of Slums

Rewards Points: 628

Kitchen faucet

I have a double bay, deep stainless steel sink that needs a new faucet.

Their is a plumbing house here that sells to the public. I already went to the bigboxes and was very unhappy with the quality of faucets at any price. I opened up about a dozen different faucets, even some were as much as 300 dollars and they really were of poor quality.

So the way my plumber(brother) was explaining things he claims that big box stores are basically selling counterfeit supplies and I should avoid buying anything at a bigbox. Now my plumber likes to create a certain amount of drama but he has been doing plumbing since Roman times so he may actually know a little more than me.

Is what he saying true. Second question, how much should I budget for a new faucet. I want something all metal and high quality, will last a lifetime in looks and performance. Style, brand and type I am flexible. Do you think 300 dollars will get me something decent?

Advertisement

Last edited by oh'mike; 03-09-2013 at 06:55 PM. Reason: added spaces
mj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,690

Kitchen faucet

Purchase a good american made faucet and have the inlaw get it at a plumbing supply. He is correct. Faucets are lower cost in big box stores because they tend to use more plastic. Where professional plumbing house still have a firm belief in metal..

Advertisement

Ghostmaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Kitchen faucet

He is very smart to tell you not to buy from big box all they sell is crap. You want a $300 faucet try buying American but there is a couple german made faucets really good
joes plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote