Kent Water Meter Leaking - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Kent water meter leaking

Our local water company uses the Kent water meter and it has a leak on the user side attachment fitting.

Is there a washer and/or "O" ring seal next to the Kent water meter?
If so where might I find one?

Ofcourse, I called last night about the leak and the water company said it will be scheduled for a look see and possible repair within 5 days.... It's also my understanding that if the leak is on the user side I'm responsible. If it's their fitting seal/washer that's bad who's responsible?

Thanks in advance

Fred

Advertisement

fjgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Kent water meter leaking

my guess its the meter connector. Standard is either 1/2", 5/8", or 3/4", sometimes 1". if you feel ballsy, contact a pluming supply store or go to one, to make sure they have a similar fitting and replace it with a pipe wrench, gently after you turned the water off and drain the line if you can so you don't make a mess. Make sure you use thread sealant on the threads. Should be around 10 dollars for the fitting.

if it is the meter, the town needs to replace it, because a leaky meter is probably reading too much, or little etc.

hope that is any help

Advertisement

iyaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

Kent water meter leaking

All the water meters I have ever worked with had a rubber seal inside the nut that connects the pipe to the meter. Similar to a hose washer.