Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Default

Jet pump won't make pressure


After spending over $400 I'm going to try this on my own....with your help.
Background.....My foot valve let go and the guy that replaced it started messing with the pump also.It's a Jacuzzi 1/2 HP I think.Before the foot valve let go I ran it at 50lbs shut off 35lbs turn on.When he got done messing with it(and another of his fellow workmates on another call) I was down to 32lbs shut off.That gradually got worse to the point that last night I had to adjust the pressure switch again cause it wouldn't shut off,down to 20lbs.
I need to know where is the best place to start tackling this from.As of this moment I have the tank drained(it had very little water in it,no bladder) The venturi tube out(looks fine) and the fitting unhooked from the pump to the tank.The fitting that goes from the pump to the tank was loose with a slight leakage.Could this be the cause? Thanks in advance for your help.
Pat

buick60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 56
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Jet pump won't make pressure


Quote:
Originally Posted by buick60 View Post
After spending over $400 I'm going to try this on my own....with your help.
Background.....My foot valve let go and the guy that replaced it started messing with the pump also.It's a Jacuzzi 1/2 HP I think.Before the foot valve let go I ran it at 50lbs shut off 35lbs turn on.When he got done messing with it(and another of his fellow workmates on another call) I was down to 32lbs shut off.That gradually got worse to the point that last night I had to adjust the pressure switch again cause it wouldn't shut off,down to 20lbs.
I need to know where is the best place to start tackling this from.As of this moment I have the tank drained(it had very little water in it,no bladder) The venturi tube out(looks fine) and the fitting unhooked from the pump to the tank.The fitting that goes from the pump to the tank was loose with a slight leakage.Could this be the cause? Thanks in advance for your help.
Pat
All it takes is a little flake of rust to cause this. Or, a pinhole in the drop pipe.

Pull it out and see what is going on.

Mr. Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Jet pump won't make pressure


As soon as he replaced the foot valve he cleaned the pump....no rust.I have a lot of Iron in my water,but that isn't the issue I don't think.A pin hole....it would have to be from the well to the pump.No sign from the well unless it was done inside the well when he did the foot valve.....
buick60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Jet pump won't make pressure


So I took every connection off the pump and tank and re did them all with tape....put it all back together and got up to 23lbs.......
buick60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 56
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Jet pump won't make pressure


Quote:
Originally Posted by buick60 View Post
As soon as he replaced the foot valve he cleaned the pump....no rust.I have a lot of Iron in my water,but that isn't the issue I don't think.A pin hole....it would have to be from the well to the pump.No sign from the well unless it was done inside the well when he did the foot valve.....
It likely IS in the well.
Mr. Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Jet pump won't make pressure


Great,now I have to pump out the well and I may as well change the down pipe that the foot valve is on.Maybe I'll luck out and it will be at the top elbow (which is still under water) and I can tighten everything up there.
buick60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:31 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 56
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Jet pump won't make pressure


Quote:
Originally Posted by buick60 View Post
Great,now I have to pump out the well and I may as well change the down pipe that the foot valve is on.Maybe I'll luck out and it will be at the top elbow (which is still under water) and I can tighten everything up there.
Pump out the well??

What kind of a well is this???
Mr. Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:40 AM   #8
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Jet pump won't make pressure


Concrete well rings.20 odd ft deep.The elbow to my pump in the house is under water.If the water table was lower I could just take a ladder in there.

buick60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ruud heat pump high pressure switch mikethe ductman HVAC 3 07-28-2010 06:00 AM
Pressure Switch, Draft Inducer, Burner Box, Problem majorapus HVAC 7 10-25-2009 06:14 PM
Well Pump Problems dannyjoe Plumbing 6 10-01-2009 06:10 PM
10 year old well upgrade bjhaffly Plumbing 9 08-23-2009 07:06 AM
how to make a pressure balancing loop gib7464 Plumbing 1 03-25-2006 08:31 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.