Instant Hot Water Dispenser - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:34 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

Instant hot water dispenser

I would like to install a got water faucet by my sink. insinkerator seems you be very popular, but also littered with bad reviews. There are also many other brands online I've never heard of. A local plumber supply shop suggests looking into everpure and franke. Those systems are quite a bit more expensive, but also have some bad reviews.

Can anyone recommend a brand?

Advertisement

Last edited by acerunner; 07-14-2011 at 11:56 AM.
acerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,044

I have had insinkerater for 30 years now in three different houses.

Most have been trouble free however the one I have now I installed about 4 years ago and just discovered the tank leaking so I called the company at the 1-800 number and explained the problem to the Rep.

The unit was out of warranty so the Rep. is sending me a new tank free and no shipping charges even though the warranty is up.

Cool Huh?

Advertisement

COLDIRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

I have installed 3 insinkerators in a customers house, two leaked just after the warranty period. Very nice stainless tanks that are two piece units, leaked at the seam. My guess at failure was expansion/contraction over time. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of choices for small demand heater units. Insinkerator fits the space and the need.
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 250

so even with the tank failures and leaks, you guys would still recommend insinkerator?
acerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
Mold!! Let's kill it!

Rewards Points: 2,012

I've used Insinkerators. At my own kitchen sink I seem to get about 6 years out of them until they self destruct and start leaking. I'm on my third. They work well but seem to have a lifespan. Mine have gotten used pretty hard, so I'm not terribly upset about it.
Maintenance 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 594

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerunner View Post
so even with the tank failures and leaks, you guys would still recommend insinkerator?
My experience is with insinkerator garbage disposals. The first one I installed about 20 years ago, worked wonderfully until the motor finally burned out. Mostly due to the LOML trying to grind a green scrubber by accident.

The one I bought about a year ago is terrible. It vibrates horribly on start-up if there is food in it that the old one handled with no problem. This is a top of the line model as was the old one.

I'm wondering if Insinkerator used to build in the USA and now builds in China or maybe gets parts from China. I donno but I do know that the new one is not even close to the quality of the old one.

HRG

Advertisement

Homerepairguy is offline   Reply With Quote