Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Installing a washer/dryer from 2nd story to basement....

Hi..OK so here's the issue I'm facing, we bought a newer home which has a washer/dryer on the 2nd story. Yup, I want to move it into the basement-I know I'm crazy. I'm the kind of person that does laundry last minute...so having it upstairs is noisy, shaky, etc etc...and I just don't like it up there (plus I enjoy caring it up three flights of stairs from the basement - think workout!) Anyway, we have township sewers and the pipes are about 7 feet from the basement floor which eventually flow into the main drain (I think --the fat pipe-for the lack of better explanation) thats about 3 1/2 feet from the floor. The kitchen sink pipes are above the area I want the washer to be. I was advised that I needed to a) install a pump that connects to the kitchen drain pipes, or b) install pipes half way up the wall that slightly lower (to allow for gravity to do its work) into the main drain thingie (the fat pipe). Anyway here are some pics..one of my new GE red washer and dryer with the water connection to the left and the kitchen sink pipes above the dryer to the right...the second pic is of the the pipes under the sink. So what is my best option here? Any help is greatly appreciated..Just not keeping it up on the 2nd story.
Attached Thumbnails
Installing a washer/dryer from 2nd story to basement....-basement-2.jpg   Installing a washer/dryer from 2nd story to basement....-basement-1.jpg  

Last edited by Monika2024; 09-11-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Monika2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Installing a washer/dryer from 2nd story to basement....

Also, I am assuming that if I wanted to install a utility sink, I would def. need a pump, correct?

Monika2024 is offline   Reply With Quote