DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Installing an undersink water filter

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  secutanudu 
#1 ·
My parents have a 3-hole sink in their kitchen. Their current filter is attached to the faucet and is bulky and gets in the way.

I want to replace their faucet for them with something that uses the three holes in the sink for:

1. Unfiltered water (for things other than drinking)
2. Filtered water
3. Soap dispenser

Does something exist like this, or would a 4th hole need to be put in the sink?

Thanks!

#4 ·
I was thinking all I need is a carbon filter to eliminate the chlorine taste. RO isn't really necessary. I'd like one that has a reservoir so there's some decent pressure for filling a glass of water, of such a filter exists that'd fit in a standard sink hole.

I'll check out the Watts ones, thanks.

#5 ·
I'll say this--I put an undersink unit in my house some years back. An Omni-Filter (I think), and I did have to install a separate small faucet. We have a high chlorine content water source. Now,there is filtered water for cooking, drinking, etc., and city water for washing dishes, etc. I like my filtered water. David

#8 ·
I have 80 psi in this house, I was hoping it might reduce it a few psi :laughing:

I have 3/4" coming in, it used to step down but a plumber fixed that
I did not notice any drop in pressure
When our kitchen is remodeled an RO system in the basement will feed a dedicated faucet
Hopefully then my wife will stop buying bottled water in small bottles

#9 ·
My parents' house has 180 PSI coming in...they reduce it to 50 with a regulator...i wish they would change it to about 65 PSI...50 is a little low for me. How often do you have to change your filters, being that everything in your house is on it for now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.