Installing Tub Faucet Without Scratching Marble Tile - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

installing tub faucet without scratching marble tile

I just remodeled and am getting close to being done. This morning I went to install the tub faucet onto a 1/2" nipple sticking out of the wall. The faucet screws onto the male threads on the nipple and when I was tightening the corner of the faucet that meets the wall hit the marble tile and put a 1" scratch in the marble.

Any ideas how to tighten this faucet so it is flush with the wall without scratching the marble tile on the wall? I have removed the damaged tile and don't want to scratch the new tile I replace.

I thought maybe a washer that I could place over the 1/2 inch nipple to keep it 1/16 or 1/8 from the wall.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

tsayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsayles View Post
I just remodeled and am getting close to being done. This morning I went to install the tub faucet onto a 1/2" nipple sticking out of the wall. The faucet screws onto the male threads on the nipple and when I was tightening the corner of the faucet that meets the wall hit the marble tile and put a 1" scratch in the marble.

Any ideas how to tighten this faucet so it is flush with the wall without scratching the marble tile on the wall? I have removed the damaged tile and don't want to scratch the new tile I replace.

I thought maybe a washer that I could place over the 1/2 inch nipple to keep it 1/16 or 1/8 from the wall.

Any help would be appreciated.
what your saying really doesn't make sense it should go flush to wall even if it scratches alittle its behind so should not see scratch.....picture may help us help you...

Advertisement

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

sounds like the nipple is on a slight angle if one part of the spout hit the wall before it was flush. check and see if the nipple is square with the wall up and down and sideways.
DannyT is offline   Reply With Quote