Installing Sink Sprayer - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-20-2007, 12:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Installing sink sprayer

I want to install a sink sprayer but it appears my faucet isn't designed to handle one. Is there any way to modify it or the plumbing underneath so I don't have to replace the whole faucet?

Advertisement

Keyo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

Installing sink sprayer

It would be alot easier replacing the faucet and installing a faucet with a pull out sprayer , If its a stainless sink they have a knock out tool to use , but by the time you buy the tool and knock out a hole you can buy a new faucet w/ sprayer .

Advertisement

tzzzz216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:05 AM   #3

Installing sink sprayer

The sink isn't the problem - there are enough holes to accomodate a sprayer. It is the faucet itself. The cheapest replacement I can find is about $30 (and I mean cheap - it is not the greatest quality faucet). I am a tenant in a rental property so I'm not interested in investing a whole lot of money. However, the sinks are very small and not having a sprayer is a pain. It appears that the fitting under the spigot part of the faucet is a threaded bolt, and not the pipe needed to hook up a sprayer. What I need to know (before tearing out my faucet completely) is if this bolt can be unscrewed from the fixture and replaced with the proper fitting to accomodate a sprayer. If not, can I install some sort of mixer hose underneath connecting the two water supply hoses to a sprayer? Seems like there should be an easier solution than replacing a perfectly good, albeit inconvenient, faucet.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:06 AM   #4

Installing sink sprayer

It sounds like the faucet thats in there now is a undermount type , which means you can't use that bolt , what you might be able to do is come off the top of the stop and put a compression tee there and pick up your sprayer and supply line .
Old 07-21-2007, 10:24 AM   #5

Installing sink sprayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzzzz216 View Post
It sounds like the faucet thats in there now is a undermount type , which means you can't use that bolt , what you might be able to do is come off the top of the stop and put a compression tee there and pick up your sprayer and supply line .

I just thought better of it , dont come off the stop steady perssure may cause the sprayer to burst .
Old 07-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #6

Installing sink sprayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzzzz216 View Post
I just thought better of it , dont come off the stop steady perssure may cause the sprayer to burst .

That's ok - I didn't know what a stop was anyway. Thanks for all the help though. Looks like I'm just going to have to get a new faucet and be done with it. Seems like such a waste of money... Cheap condos. What's the point installing tiny sinks with four holes if you can't mount a sink sprayer? Uhg. Thanks again.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:43 AM   #7

Installing sink sprayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyo77 View Post
That's ok - I didn't know what a stop was anyway. Thanks for all the help though. Looks like I'm just going to have to get a new faucet and be done with it. Seems like such a waste of money... Cheap condos. What's the point installing tiny sinks with four holes if you can't mount a sink sprayer? Uhg. Thanks again.

Your welcome . FYI the stops are the shut off valves under the sink.

Advertisement