Installing a plumbing vent on a basement bathroom
I'm new to the forum and have a plumbing question.
I'm installing a bathroom in my basement - the builder had originally installed a 2-piece rough-in which I am taking out and replacing with a 3-piece bathroom (toilet, shower and sink).
I've broken the concrete floor and exposed a five foot section of the 4" PVC pipe. The upstream end of this pipe is fed by a bathroom on the 2nd floor.
When the builder had installed the 2-piece rough-in, he had installed a tee-wye on this section of PVC. Feeding into the wye was the toliet rough-in and a 2" vent pipe, which came out from the wye below the concrete and then vertically up the adjacent wall. Feeding into the vertical part of the vent is a 1.5" sink drain.
My questions is this: I will cut the PVC and remove a 3 foot section. At the downstream end, I'll install the rough-in for the toilet - a sanitary tee and 3" ABS coming up to connect the flange. At the upstream end, I will rough in the shower drain and connect the air vent just slightly downstream from the shower drain. Do I need to connect another vent for the toilet, or can I get away with just the one vent?
Any help is appreciated.
a drawing or pictures would help a lot.
Here is a quick sketch - hope it helps.Attachment 57594
Any suggestions from anyone?
1) A general rule according to IPC code is as long as a fixture is within 8ft of linear pipe it will be properly vented
2) Your vent needs to be at least 2 in i.d. to provide the needed amount of air
3) I cannot tell if you drawing is oriented vertically or laid down horizontally, san-tees CANNOT be laid on their sides or on their backs! In this situation a wye or combination fitting must be used!
4) ABS AND PVC ARE NOT COMPATABLE! I highly recommend you keep materials consistant.
5) All rubber couplings must be of the type with the sheilded bands, and tightened to the specs of the given coupling
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.