Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Installing a Hot / Cold Water Spigot

My parents recently had a plumber install a hot / cold water spigot as well as a separate cold-water only spigot. I was so impressed with the idea of using hot water outside so I have decided to install one of those hot/cold units in my house.

The plumber had used a white nylon flexible hose for the cold water-only spigot. Are any of you familiar with that flexible water hose and what the fittings look like?

The spigot at my house will be installed roughly 20 feet away from the main copper water lines. My idea for each line is to solder in T fittings, install ľ turn shutoff valves, then run that flexible hose the 20feet to the spigot. Iím thinking that I can save money using that hose versus the copper tubing. There will probably be fewer joints that I will need to worry about if I use the hose.

The only other challenge will be drilling a hole through the concrete brick trim wall we have in front of the house. Iím checking with our maintenance department to see if they have a masonry bit so I wonít have to buy one.

Please let me know your thoughts about that hose and about my plan so far.

dc2295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

Installing a Hot / Cold Water Spigot

Go for it. There was an mention of hot/cold spigots in this month's issue of This Old House magazine. The pipe the plumber used was probably PEX. The pipe is cheap. The fittings and tools to install are not as cheap. The Lowe's in my area carried everything needed for it.

jerryh3 is offline   Reply With Quote