DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Plumbing (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/)
-   -   install an outsidedrain cleanout (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/install-outsidedrain-cleanout-174515/)

Jack Rowe 03-14-2013 12:39 PM

install an outsidedrain cleanout
 
could you show me a picture of the cleanout looks like attached
to the drain pipe.

TheEplumber 03-14-2013 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Rowe (Post 1137210)
could you show me a picture of the cleanout looks like attached
to the drain pipe.

This is a basic one-

Javiles 03-15-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEplumber (Post 1137219)
This is a basic one-


Are you guys still allowed to use a combo as the first ?

TheEplumber 03-15-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javiles (Post 1137700)
Are you guys still allowed to use a combo as the first ?

Still? Only combos or approved 2-way. Never santees
City AHJ wants the approved 2way fitting
State AHJ accepts opposing combos for a 2 way
Always a cleanout at the foundation- very seldom at the sewer stub

Alan 03-15-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEplumber (Post 1137745)
Still? Only combos or approved 2-way. Never santees
City AHJ wants the approved 2way fitting
State AHJ accepts opposing combos for a 2 way
Always a cleanout at the foundation- very seldom at the sewer stub

I had a blockage on a santee once. I got the snake to go backwards around the darn thing after about 10 minutes of fussing with it, although it wasn't very deep.

:laughing:


We dont have them at the sewer stub/lateral either. Would be nice if the city would put them there, since when there's a blockage, you have to dig it up and put one at the end of the customer's line to prove to them that it's a blockage on their side. At that point they dig it up and put one in on theirs right next to the one you just installed.

Javiles 03-15-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEplumber (Post 1137745)
Still? Only combos or approved 2-way. Never santees
City AHJ wants the approved 2way fitting
State AHJ accepts opposing combos for a 2 way
Always a cleanout at the foundation- very seldom at the sewer stub


One way to the city, 2nd clean out , all others exiting building must be 2 way.. :thumbup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved