Inline 1 1/2" Pump? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
First Home N00b

Rewards Points: 202

inline 1 1/2" pump?

cliffnotes: does anyone make a low maintenance inline pump for 1.5" PVC schedule 40 pump that is reasonably quiet and can pump a sink drain upstream no more than an inch over a 25ft span?

Long version - I purchased a home with a 3ft (at the best parts) crawlspace and I am a 6' 5" guy with mild OCD. In such space there is flexible HVAC draped like Christmas lights from the 2x8s, the knob and tube wiring mixed in with the modern and armored none of which seeming to make any sense as to direction or organization, and plumbing which seems to conform to the rules of inadequate support, nonsensical direction or organization, and roughly 1.5 foot of height, as in the way as possible.

I have been doing my best to relocate all of these up between the joists, and where not possible across them to create as much workspace as possible. The kitchen sink provides the final great challenge - 1.5" PVC SCH40 about a 25 to 30 foot run from the sink to the main septic 3" vertical drain...currently conveniently installed at exactly half the height of the crawlspace to inhibit work as much as absolutely possible - I would like to relocate this one as well up between the joists but a few small sections would require a run parallel to the joists - over the span, the best I can estimate is at least no rise but maximum of 1" rise.

From the sink to where I would have to make the first 90 degree bend is roughly 4 feet, so I would assume any drainage by that point would have picked up a bit of potential energy but I am not sure it would continue over that long of a span at best of level.

I was thinking some sort of inline pump would be best. I am open to suggestions. Keep in mind that at some points in this crawlspace it is belly-only so the crappy plumbing changes things from being inconvenient to being totally inaccessible.

Advertisement

95PGTTech is offline   Reply With Quote